Clark spoke at the Christmas eve service. And without childcare, Lisa got the impossible task of keeping all the children quiet. All was going fine until the last 5 minute when from the balcony there came such a clatter, it was Connor who started to chatter. I told him that if he wasn't quiet I would take his Thomas Engine away (never threaten what you won't follow through on). For those of you who have had the privilage of hearing Connor scream, I feel your sympathy. I don't think that I have leaped up stair and manuevered a stroller faster than that.
In an attempt to create fun memories for the kids, we had fondue for Christmas Eve dinner. The kids loved it, Clark and I were stressed out (visions of hot oil spilling flashed in our heads). Then off to bed...for the kids.
We thought it would be a great idea to have all the toys built before Christmas morning. To have four impatience children wanting us to build their toy on Christmas morning didn't seem so peaceful. A little after 2:30am... we were all built and wrapping, knowing that our little sugar plums would be up way before Mom and Dad would be willing to roll out of bed (and to think that Auntie Sue and Mom used to let us wake my poor grandma up as early as 5:30.).
I think I wait all year long for Christmas morning. It is the one time a year I can expect a showing of outwardly love between the kids. Gifts were exchanged, hugs were given, grace and patience reigned, and sharing happened. Beautiful!
Christmas is a great time to reflect the great blessing the Lord has given us. We count all of you as incredible gifts from the Lord (I would just like all of my gifts to be a little closer)! We pray that you and your family were able to enjoy this beautiful season and the meaning behind it all. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment