Saturday, June 12, 2010

One week and counting....


So I feel like I have have been feeling pretty good about this whole Egypt trip...peaceful for the most part about sending my son half way around the world, to a third world country, with out me... As I started to pack for him today I found myself choosing to deny the peace that was offered me and deciding to worry. There are so many things that could go wrong...and believe me I can list them! Earlier on it was so much easier to push those out of my mind, but now a week away I find them creeping in. Just a good reminder that we need to chose His peace..it is there for the taking, however, if we chose to worry and deny it, we miss the blessings that peace affords (more sleep, less cranky, dry eyes, etc..). So I am clinging to the promises of Jesus, that He alone is sovereign over all things...including Cayden.
I am also praying for big things...that Cayden's faith would be his own. That he would see the Lord work, first hand, answering his prayers, seeing lives change before his eyes, providing for his every need, and sensing His favor upon him. That he would come back confident and strong in his faith in Christ.

Here's to faith....

No comments: