Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Loving the Snow




I know that most of you will think that I am crazy, but one of the best things about Mn is the snow. When I was in 1st grade we lived here for a year and all I can remember is a ton of kids, a hugh pile of snow in the middle of the court, the snow fort in the neighbor's front yard, and sledding down the hill until you hit the cyclone fench of the high school. They were great memories! Now it is fun to see my kids get to enjoy those same kinds of memories. Hands down they like winter more than summer! Everyday after school they come through the house drop off thier backpacks, pick up Connor and out they go. At 6:00 they still come in complaining that they want to stay out longer (mind you it is pitch black at that time). You should see them sled, somehow they all (4)manage to get on one circle sled and go down the hill screaming as loud as they can. Connor loves every minute of it. When the kids are outside he will attempt to dress himself while saying" I go sledding" over and over again. The boys love to skate and play hockey, Kylie still needs a few lessons to get comfortable. And even better than that I can sit in the warm house crack open a window and sip tea as I watch them barrel down the hills.

I think the kids thought that mom had finally lost it the other day. We had a fresh snow so I took out snow cone syrup and started squirting it in the snow. I gave them all spoons and they loved it. Only a kid can endure the cold and have enough gumption to pick up snow and eat it! The yellow snow this time was actually lemon flavored.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Crebars - Excellent job in the blog. Great way to keep us in the loop. We have our August trip to MN all planned out. See ya soon!

Chanda Erselius said...

Reading your blog is as close to snow as I have been all winter! Looks like the kids are having a blast. Hope you are well.

Sending my love from sunny SoCal,
Chanda